Day 10
What a mess today was! It started out just fine waking up at the Aquarius and checking out before driving over to the Colorado Belle. When I arrived, there only five people on the list so I signed up and went over to a nickle Keno game and played. I was up about $8 when they called me to the poker table.
I was up for the first hour and had the high hand until with about 14 minutes left, my boat was beat by a higher one. The second hour, nothing went well losing some very tough hands and staying in a couple I shouldn't have. I quit after an $80 loss.
I headed back to the Aquarius to play for Terry's points. The goal was 2000 points. I sat down at the 8/5 BP triple plays. After 945 points, my first hundred was gone. That's actually not too back considering I was being dealt some really bad cards. However, the next hundred was gone after 1435, and the next after 1798 points. My fourth hundred was down to $37.50 when I reached the 2000 points. That's a $362.50 loss. The entire session I was dealt only one straight--no flushes and no full houses. Though I did catch enough regular quads, I didn't hit any bonus quads. I was dealt too many dead hands. It's a rough start to the trip.
I went over to have a mushroom and chicken bowl from Panda Express. It comes with rice, which is one of the things I'm trying to avoid; however, it's the first thing I've eaten today. Perhaps 750 calories. I then watched PITCH PERFECT 3, which was as expected--some laughs here and there but totally predictable. Let's face it, I'm going to see anything with Anna Kendrick in it. I did eat a snack meal (no butter), about 500 calories.
I checked into the Tropicana and then played their 9/7 progressives. I only caught one quad and that hundred is gone. All told, the was a $500 loss for the day. I can not sustain these kinds of losses. Things need to make a turn. We'll see.
I had an Asian salad for dinner. I have no clue how many calories but it was assorted lettuce and chicken with other veggies and a vinaigrette sauce. I'll guess 500. That makes 1750 calories for the day--certainly within acceptable ranges. I only managed over 5K steps, and I was surprised it was that many. I have to remind myself that this first month is only to allow my body to adjust to the new food intake and exercise. Things really don't start kicking in until almost March. At that time, I should be working hard. By June, I hope to begin two-a-days, which I have never done before.
I've pretty much decided to scale back my trip by a day and will leave on Saturday. It's not a terrible decision considering I came a day early. As usual, I miss my own bed and my home routines.
Here's hoping for a better day.
I was up for the first hour and had the high hand until with about 14 minutes left, my boat was beat by a higher one. The second hour, nothing went well losing some very tough hands and staying in a couple I shouldn't have. I quit after an $80 loss.
I headed back to the Aquarius to play for Terry's points. The goal was 2000 points. I sat down at the 8/5 BP triple plays. After 945 points, my first hundred was gone. That's actually not too back considering I was being dealt some really bad cards. However, the next hundred was gone after 1435, and the next after 1798 points. My fourth hundred was down to $37.50 when I reached the 2000 points. That's a $362.50 loss. The entire session I was dealt only one straight--no flushes and no full houses. Though I did catch enough regular quads, I didn't hit any bonus quads. I was dealt too many dead hands. It's a rough start to the trip.
I went over to have a mushroom and chicken bowl from Panda Express. It comes with rice, which is one of the things I'm trying to avoid; however, it's the first thing I've eaten today. Perhaps 750 calories. I then watched PITCH PERFECT 3, which was as expected--some laughs here and there but totally predictable. Let's face it, I'm going to see anything with Anna Kendrick in it. I did eat a snack meal (no butter), about 500 calories.
I checked into the Tropicana and then played their 9/7 progressives. I only caught one quad and that hundred is gone. All told, the was a $500 loss for the day. I can not sustain these kinds of losses. Things need to make a turn. We'll see.
I had an Asian salad for dinner. I have no clue how many calories but it was assorted lettuce and chicken with other veggies and a vinaigrette sauce. I'll guess 500. That makes 1750 calories for the day--certainly within acceptable ranges. I only managed over 5K steps, and I was surprised it was that many. I have to remind myself that this first month is only to allow my body to adjust to the new food intake and exercise. Things really don't start kicking in until almost March. At that time, I should be working hard. By June, I hope to begin two-a-days, which I have never done before.
I've pretty much decided to scale back my trip by a day and will leave on Saturday. It's not a terrible decision considering I came a day early. As usual, I miss my own bed and my home routines.
Here's hoping for a better day.
Comments
Post a Comment